The movers & packers industry is one of the most scattered and unorganized industry in India as well as other parts of the world. Try and search for a standardized relocation service and you are bound to be flooded with an unmanageable crowd of vendors who either do not appear reliable or have minimum expertise with regard to the task. However, there are few new-age logistic firms that are out to turn the sector into an organised one with the help of cutting-edge technology. To meet all relocation-related requirements, they are trying to provide the much-needed technological, analytical and operational backbone to the industry.
Especially during the Covid-19 pandemic when remote working became the new normal, there were many who decided to work from their hometowns instead of rented accommodations in metro cities. What initially appeared to be an easy shift suddenly turned into an uphill task. Some of the below mentioned players came to their rescue. Let’s take a look at five such companies:
- Shift Freight: The latest entrant in the segment, Shift Freight was launched just before the announcement of lockdown in India. Within a few months, the company has already made a mark as one of the leading online platforms for movers and packers. According to the founders, the company has already registered 50-70% MoM growth in terms of order and revenue. The company currently provides services in Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Chennai and Hyderabad, and is soon expected to launch its operations in several cities and towns across the country. The platform has a quick & simplified booking and a real-time location tracking mechanism. It is appropriate for a range of services, including domestic, household, commercial or office shifting. To book a service, all one needs to do is make a callback request. The company boasts of initiating the service within 30 minutes.
- Pikkol: One of the pioneers in the segment, Pikkol was launched in 2015 as a Bengaluru-based relocation service aggregator and a technology-centric logistics firm. The company boasts of an adaptive algorithm, which computes the right truck size, price and packing requirements as per the inventory. A request for a service can be made through their app. Over the years, the platform has expanded to function in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi-NCR, Pune and a few other smaller cities. According to reports, the company also offers relocation services to US, UK, Singapore and Middle East. The company further boasts of developing “the first ever true instant relocation charge auto-quoting engine”.
- Zipaworld: Zipaworld is the logistics E-Mall of India. The firm is the logistics start-up venture of the Delhi based parent company, AAA 2 Innovate Pvt Ltd. Zipaworlds end-to-end logistics service requirements from seller/ exporter end to the buyer/ importer end are encompassed within this digital sphere. With an in-house team of veterans of the supply chain sector tagged with meticulous technology experts and software developers, Zipaworld is an automated platform for a seamless logistics movement integrating the supply chain.The company refers to itself as “the logistics E-mail of India”. The user interface of the platform is like a flight booking aggregator. The services offered are air freight, including airport to airport, door to airport and door to door. The company further arranges air chartering services. It is also into, domestic network and multi-modal transportation, warehousing services and customs brokerage & documentation.
- Migrera: Launched in 2015, the company aspires to create a robust moving solution that would benefit the movers & packers as well as the end consumer. The platform combines technology with the traditional packers and movers services. Migrera promises guaranteed price, huge savings and most importantly, no move day surprises. It has a live customer support system wherein a dedicated shifting expert is assigned who can be reached through call, chat or email. There is also an option for insurance during transit with a variety of options for full repair, replacement or refund. When a customer provides the house shifting details, they are given a comparison chat of different movers and packers with job ratings and reviews. Following this, one can book a desired service and let the company handle the rest.
- Blowhorn: The company started its operations in 2014 by offering aggregator services for intra-city services. With a bid to restructure the last mile supply chain landscape in India, the company soon launched a pay-per-use model focused at small and medium enterprises. By 2019, Blowhorn established its presence in more than 110 cities across the country and recently enabled D2C services during the pandemic. It further implemented specialized hyperlocal solutions with regard to logistics. The company aspires to cover the length and breadth of India by 2025. Blowhorn offers multiple vehicle options, transparent pricing, simplified payments, easy scheduling of trips and route planning with contacts.