CrowdStrike Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: CRWD), a leader in cloud-delivered endpoint and workload protection, today announced financial results for the third quarter fiscal year 2022, ended October 31, 2021.
“CrowdStrike delivered a robust third quarter with broad-based strength across multiple areas of the business leading to net new ARR growth accelerating and ending ARR growing 67% year-over-year to surpass the $1.5 billion milestone. Our outstanding results this quarter demonstrate the flywheel effect of our platform and reflect continued strong customer adoption for our core products in addition to the growing success of our newer product initiatives including identity protection, log management and cloud. With our leading technology, unmatched platform and approach to stopping breaches, we continue to eclipse our competitors and extend our leadership position,” said George Kurtz, CrowdStrike’s co-founder and chief executive officer.
Commenting on the company’s financial results, Burt Podbere, CrowdStrike’s chief financial officer, added, “CrowdStrike once again delivered exceptional results, maintained very high unit economics, drove leverage and generated strong operating and free cash flow as we expanded our leadership across the market from large enterprises to small businesses. Given the growth drivers of our business, as well as our exceptional third quarter performance and momentum into the fourth quarter, we are once again raising our guidance for the fiscal year 2022.”
Third Quarter Fiscal 2022 Financial Highlights
- Revenue: Total revenue was $380.1 million, a 63% increase, compared to $232.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Subscription revenue was $357.0 million, a 67% increase, compared to $213.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) increased 67% year-over-year and grew to $1.51 billion as of October 31, 2021, of which $170.0 million was net new ARR added in the quarter. Net new ARR year-over-year growth accelerated to 46% on an as reported basis and 55% on an organic basis.
- Subscription Gross Margin: GAAP subscription gross margin was 76%, compared to 77% in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Non-GAAP subscription gross margin was 79%, compared to 78% in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Income/Loss from Operations: GAAP loss from operations was $40.3 million, compared to $24.2 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Non-GAAP income from operations was $50.7 million, compared to $18.9 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Net Income/Loss Attributable to CrowdStrike: GAAP net loss attributable to CrowdStrike was $50.5 million, compared to $24.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. GAAP net loss per share attributable to CrowdStrike common stockholders was $0.22, compared to $0.11 in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Non-GAAP net income attributable to CrowdStrike was $41.1 million, compared to $18.6 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Non-GAAP net income per share attributable to CrowdStrike common stockholders, diluted, was $0.17, compared to $0.08 in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Cash Flow: Net cash generated from operations was $159.1 million, compared to $88.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021. Free cash flow was $123.5 million, compared to $76.1 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.
- Cash and Cash Equivalents grew to $1.91 billion as of October 31, 2021.
- Added 1,607 net new subscription customers in the quarter for a total of 14,687 subscription customers as of October 31, 2021, representing 75% growth year-over-year.
- CrowdStrike’s subscription customers that have adopted four or more modules, five or more modules and six or more modules increased to 68%, 55%, and 32%, respectively, as of October 31, 2021.
- Unveiled a series of new offerings and partnerships during the fifth annual Fal.Con cybersecurity conference. Announcements included Falcon XDR, the CrowdXDR Alliance, Humio Community Edition, Falcon Fusion, Falcon FileVantage, Falcon CWP Complete, a joint initiative with Google to launch the Work Safer program, and a partnership with leading enterprise automation software company, UiPath.
- Acquired SecureCircle, a SaaS-based cybersecurity service that extends Zero Trust security to data on the endpoint. CrowdStrike intends to leverage SecureCircle’s revolutionary technology and team to extend its industry leading Zero Trust endpoint security device and identity capabilities to include data.
- Named a leader in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Modern Endpoint Security for Enterprise 20211.
- Won Best Endpoint Detection and Response Product for the second year in a row in SE Labs’ 2021 Annual Report.
- Announced that the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has worked with multiple federal agencies to select CrowdStrike as one of the major platforms to support the Executive Order endpoint detection and response initiative.
- Enhanced the technology integration between CrowdStrike and AWS to offer additional features to help joint customers protect against ransomware attacks and identity-based threats.
- Announced Falcon Horizon support for Google Cloud environments, extending CrowdStrike’s Cloud Security Posture Management solution to protect the three largest cloud providers.
- Achieved FedRAMP authorization of CrowdStrike Falcon Forensics. Hosted within GovCloud, Falcon Forensics speeds the response time and remediation of critical security incidents for agencies by providing increased visibility and automated analysis.
- Humio was awarded the Enterprise Management Associates Top 3 Award in the Log Management and Observability category of their Enterprise Decision Guide 2021 report.