NETSCOUT, the global market leader in Service Assurance, Cyber-security and Business Intelligence Solutions, recently released the 2021H1 Threat Intelligence Report.
NETSCOUT’s Threat Intelligence Report covers the latest trends and activities in the DDoS threat landscape. It covers data secured from NETSCOUT’s Active Level Threat Analysis System (ATLAS™) coupled with NETSCOUT’s ATLAS Security Engineering & Response Team (ASERT) insights.
The Key findings of the report are as follows,
- New adaptive DDoS attack techniques evade traditional defenses.
- Connectivity supply chain is increasingly under attack
- Cybercriminals add DDoS to their toolkit to launch triple extortion campaigns.
- Botnets contribute to major DDoS activity.
The industry sectors in H1 2021, ranked by the number of cyber-attacks are,
- Wireless Telecommunications Carriers except Satellite)
- Wired Telecommunications Carriers
- Data Processing, Hosting + Related Services
- Electronic Shopping + Mail-Order Houses
- All other Telecommunications
- Electronic Computer Manufacturing
- Investment Banking + Securities Banking
- Internet Publishing, Broadcasting + Web Search Portals
- Software Publishers
- All other Professional, Scientific + Technical Services