Having established three business ventures at a young age, Mr. Vijay Yalamanchili is a successful entrepreneur by profession and an electronics and communication engineer by qualification. An ardent lover of the Telugu language, he imbibed it in the nomenclature of his company as well. He is often defined as the alpha of the wolf pack by his employees and colleagues given his dynamic leadership qualities. Vijay believes in co-creating value with every person he interacts with and works with the mindset of there always being an unconventional means to leverage the human potential in making this world a better place.
The last decade has been an era of digital transformation and innovation which led to a significant increase in the number of Indian organizations that gathered, stored and analyzed HR data using Human Resource Information Software. These software aid and support Human Resource functions like hiring and onboarding, employee tracking, performance management, people and data analytics, payroll, and expense tracking, monitoring performance, and much more, thereby helping in improving the HR team’s ability to carry out the processes seamlessly and with a faster turnaround time. The integration of HR software technology and HR leads to harmonious co-existing, thereby aiding the organization’s journey towards business excellence.
HR software if used well can leverage employee engagement. Here are few different ways:
- Intra departmental connect and seamless organizational functioning: The online tools on the HR software aid in communicating and reaching out to diverse sections of employees, thereby allowing a seamless working environment for people working in different locations. This way the engagement is not disrupted and in any form of work environment, be it hybrid, WFH, WFO, or any other work model the employees can function with agility and effectiveness. The HR software helps in developing team-specific goals and instead of imposing, the requirements of every team are considered, and they are given options accordingly. An HRMS gives real-time information on how people collaborate and what’s the best way of working for them.
- Onboarding starts before the candidate starts their journey: Engaging new employees in the right way helps the organizations to retain them for a longer period. The online tools offered by the HR management software help in establishing better online communication channels for employers and employees, by aiding in sharing information on a standard platform. Also, through effective 1 on 1 meetings, managers and peers can become effective coaches for any employee. Everyone needs a helping hand, and an able HRMS helps the organizations to attain such growth-specific work culture.
- Accessibility to information and grievances: As an organization with numerous employees often there are disputes and grievances which must be brought to the management’s notice well in time. As an organization, you don’t want to know about these issues weeks or months later. The timely knowledge of such issues helps in easy and effective resolutions. To keep a tab on the same, Pulse surveys help you identify employee challenges in time. It opens a channel of communication that makes the employees feel comfortable to raise their issues and concerns without the fear of being judged.
- Greater feedback: HRMS helps in developing an effortless and spontaneous outlet for individuals/teams to work together on business operations and strategy, permitting for direct and individualized feedback to the communicator/manager/user. Here we need to understand that what matters to one team may not matter within another team. For example, a team may have a problem with long meetings, while others are struggling to stay connected because of different work hours. Through meaningful conversations and feedback, improvement is possible by pinpointing what a team should work on. It also helps in better strategy formulation and developing an effective work environment.
- Centralized data system: An HRMS keeps all the data centralized. For instance, how many employees are on leave, when they will be returning, and whether they’ve assigned work to someone, all this is monitored and data on the same is stored in a centralized location for easy access. This leads to a transparent and non-bias system that in the long run leads to building employee trust and fostering employee satisfaction. By keeping politics, bias out of the workplace, leaders ensure that people don’t silently bear a tremendous emotional weight. The organizational behavior research reveals that when people can’t be themselves, every metric a company cares about drops, thereby affecting productivity, performance, and retention.
- Creating and amplifying policies: HRMS can help you in various ways i.e., from pay modifications to flexible work hours, and more. It makes it easy for leaders to make the best decisions possible for the organization and its people. Policy formulations are based on the effectively collected data and its analysis, thereby reducing loopholes in the system.
Hence, HRMS can be the guiding force for an organization to achieve greater success by establishing a system that is independent and promotes transparency and authenticity within an organization.