Bhagyashree Singh is the Managing Director of Merakii. With her lavish working style, she has defined the marketing and advertising industry to one full of class and utmost importance. She studied English Honours at Delhi University, followed by Master’s in Marketing. Throughout her education, she was enamoured by creativity, a way to share her soul with the world. Her philosophy emphasises a refined use of art and strategy in Marketing, and creativity literally flows in her blood. She has always been fascinated by the thought, “Why can’t I do it my way, why do I have to obey the rules, why can’t I be different?”.
The world today has changed from what we had known in ways difficult to comprehend. The biggest of these is the world evolving into a global village. The economy was in a stagnant state of turmoil. That is when the dire need for globalization and digitalisation for businesses was felt. All the markets were taken online and what once was the need of the hour has now become the new normal.
In the present scenario, there is a co-existence of the traditional and online modes of business that makes the process of marketing easier and more efficient. It has become convenient to look for anything with a single click on a smartphone as opposed to moving from one store to the next, in search of better deals and offers. This is the very reason that all or most of the traditional shopping methods are either completely or partially replaced by digital methods.
There are a plethora of ways through which businesses can go digital, starting from social media marketing to SEO and email marketing.
- Social Media is a new era. Social media marketing involves platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and more. It is an important instrument that helps businesses promote themselves by using valuable content. It increases connectivity between businesses and their customers.
- Content marketing is yet another strategy where businesses talk to their customers through interesting content instead of directly pitching about the products and services.
- Video marketing is one of the most efficient methods to bring enhanced engagement. These videos can be in the form of testimonials, a brief about the products or services or simply about the working of your organisation.
- SEOs are rather technical strategies that aim at increasing website traffic and website ranking on Google’s SERP. A higher ranking implies that the website has higher visibility.
- PPC is also known as pay-per-click is a marketing strategy that draws paid traffic to businesses’ websites.
- Email marketing is one of the oldest and most trusted digital marketing methods. It involves creating personalized emails and sending them to the target audiences or previous customers of the brand.
Online marketing is therefore important because it helps to bridge the gap between the business and its target audience and foster fruitful relationships with them. Businesses that provide a better customer interface have the benefit of attracting unique customers.
Online marketing is an important instrument to create visibility for the brand. Today, customers look up everything on the internet even before going to a store, such as the powerful influence of the internet. If one cannot find the said business online, the probable customer is likely to lose interest and the business, no matter how great, loses its credibility and in turn sales. Online mode can also help find prospects based on different demographic information, socio-economic status, hobbies, interests, or shopping habits. This system has a greater ability to target specific leads and therefore, higher conversion rates.
In this fast-changing world, the only constant thing is the internet. It is the new normal and using it for marketing is the first step to a successful brand. Digital marketing methods are not only affordable but also effective. Once we embrace the change, everything is in front of our eyes to explore, just a click away.