Prasad Rajappan is a visionary and a thought leader. He is an innovator and conceptualized ideas before their time. A humble leader, he values his people and leads by example. He brings 25 years of experience into ideating thought-provoking companies. Prasad is a Production Engineer and an MBA (HR, Operations) from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, (NMIMS). Previously, he has held leading positions at reputed companies, like Reliance Industries, Ernst & Young, and Mahindra & Mahindra. Now he is leading ZingHR, a cloud-based pay-per-use SaaS model, and enterprises can pay for specific modules that they subscribe to. The startup reports to be cash positive with around $7 million in annual recurring revenue and plans to achieve $22 million by 2022.
The pandemic has widened the scope of the HR function, wherein its role is intrinsically linked with achieving tangible business outcomes. The use of HR software has become the need of the hour for every organisation, especially for global corporations and large enterprises that require the management of a diverse workforce across geographies. ‘HR software’ Is an umbrella term, referring to a suite of applications such as i) Human resources Information System (HRIS), ii) Human resources management system (HRMS), iii) Human Capital Management (HCM) iv) Applicant Tracking System v) Payroll Software. An HR software is designed to allow seamless business operations while providing the essential HR functionalities such as management of employee information through maintaining their attendance record, managing the payroll process and tracking performance, etc. An HR software for enterprises automates some manual processes, thereby enabling the HR professionals to focus on their core function. It saves time and resources, optimises HR performance and improves their productivity to drive business outcomes. As a matter of fact, opting for HR software by enterprises is the formidable step towards embracing digital transformation. HR software offers custom solutions for all types of business organisations to scale up their operations and infrastructure. Nevertheless, it has to be chosen carefully depending upon enterprises’ requirements, budget and preferences. Cloud-based HR solutions work best for global corporations serving as a one-stop solution for the HR function.
Given below are some features that are integral components of HR software.
- 1. Core HR ( Personal Tracking):Core HR will manage employee database, job information, current and historical salary data. Organisations have volumes of data about employees that must be stored in an orderly way. Core HR keeps all personal tracking of an employee safe and secure in the database.
- Time and Attendance: HR software comes in handy to maintain an attendance record. This is one of the incredible features that manages complete details of employee attendance and thereby helps in computing the wages against employees’ total working days in a month.
- Payroll Software:Payroll software manages the employee salary to calculate wages by considering unplanned leaves, paid-time-off, sick leave. Automating the computation of wages minimises the chances of error, improves efficiency and productivity.
- Employee Self-Services:This feature aids employees to access critical information such as salary slips, attendance records through a login id and password. It ensures transparency and frees the HR function from the hassle of inquiries and their manual redressal.
- Performance Management: Performance management is a major factor to achieve business goals. Performance management helps ensure accountability into employees’ performance through reporting both manager’s assessment and ratings by peers.
HR software has become indispensable for large businesses for managing day-to-day HR functions and achieving its core goals and objectives. The proliferation of emerging technologies and the focus on employee-centric culture have elevated HR software’s significance to achieve OUTCOMATION- using technology to achieve tangible outcomes by enterprises. One should do thorough research before zeroing on the appropriate software.